International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Daniel's Trip to South Africa

Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 4

Today was one that I will not soon forget. This morning, after our briefing, we visited two of Cape Town's township. These townships provide Cape Town with racially segregated housing. The thing that really stuck out to me at the townships was the extremely proverty in which the African people lived. It almost made me cry. However, the South Africans were so happy with their lives and semmed not to care about their economic status. It really made me re-examine my priorities and value system. After our township experience, went to lunch at a church and then to scuba diving training I really enjoyed the training. It was really. Tomorrow we will have the opportunity to implement our training when we dive with the sharks. I am so excited, but we have to get up very early tomorrow so I guess I will go to bed. Good Night.

-Daniel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 12 days
When June 2nd - 13th, 2009
Focus Wildlife Research/Conservation
Political History
Culture